Inspired by a new hope for the future, a humanoid is sent to present day London from the year 2049 with news of a cosmic event that changes human brain chemistry forever.
In 2019, Dike won the Drake Music 2019 Emergent commission which had a theme of “Music and the Audience”. Dike wrote 2049 for the commision and using bespoke interactive technology the live performance of the piece at the Barbican centre in London included opportunities for the audience to interact with the song by triggering samples. For 2049 Dike creates a world where a humanoid is sent to present day London from the year 2049 with news of a cosmic event that changes human brain chemistry forever.
- Video created by Rebel Films, funded by Help Musicians UK and Arts Council England.
- Written arranged performed and mixed by Dike Okoh
- Backing vocals : Tiyu Mortley and Yoms.
- Engineered by Rafael Berlanga
- Mastered by Nick Benett for Revolution Mastering